| Money News
| Contact Us
YOU OWN LYCOS
Lyonvest bought 100 shares of Lycos (at 61 3/8 dollars per
share) as part of it's diversified group portfolio. Immediately after the acquisition, we
sold a "covered call" resulting in before tax profit of $1,162.50 USD. The details of a
call option tend to confuse people, however; a basic overview would be as follows:
THIS IS NOT SPAM
- We offered to sell our 100 shares of Lycos for $65/share until January 16, 1999.
- A buyer purchased this "option" from us.
- The buyer can "exercise" his option to purchase our shares at any time between now
and January 16, 1999 (at 3:00pm.)
- The buyer gave us $1,162.50 (after the commission was taken out.) This is our
money no matter what -- it is "in the bank".
- The buyer may exercise the option. At that time, he will pay us $65/share.
- If the buyer does not exercise the option by 3:01pm on January 16th, we get to keep
the Lycos stock and the $1,162.50.
The other initial stock purchases include Atlantic Richfield
(ARCO), Brush Wellman, Hines Horticulture, NORD
. The Philadelphia
Spirit Experiment Publishing Company
These graphics, images, text copy, sights or sounds may not be
used without the expressed written consent of the
Glistening Web Communications Corporation.
These private business publications
are made possible, in part, by the support of Internet businesses such as: